HubPages

HubPages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Exercise, Day 1

April 12th

I'm losing 30lbs. Care to join me?

One of my goals before I turn thirty is to lose 30lbs (check out my first post for details!). I'm determined this time. I will be at the weight I was at my wedding six years ago, which was fine for me. Now if I could lose 40lbs, I'd be at my high school weight, but we'll see...

For my first day back to exercising, I used EA Sports Active 2 for Wii. It's what I used when I lost my first 30lbs after my second baby. (I know. 30lbs before, 30 more lbs? Heffer.) Right now, I'm at 220lbs. (I weighed myself with Wii Fit, which said I was 217, but that was before my workout and they're kind enough to deduct the weight of clothing...).



I'm going to try to exercise 30 minutes a day for at least 3 days a week. If I can do more, I definitely am going to do more. My routines will be my own workouts, ones I create using the exercises in EASA2.workout. I like that because I am able to modify the routine to avoid exercises that will irritate my arm/neck/shoulder/back injury sustained from a car accident (ever feel the impact of two wheels hitting your car? It hurts.).

My workouts will all be at the medium intensity until I feel I can kick it up a notch.  All routines will include warm-ups and cool downs. I will also be drinking at least 32oz. of water during the workout and 32oz. after the workout.

I have three problem areas I intend to focus on: arms, thighs and belly. I'd rather see muscle in those areas than what I see now.

Here's my workout from today (Time 36:31):


  1. Alternating Shoulder Rotations (Warm-up)
  2. Goodmornings  (Warm-up)
  3. Hip Circles  (Warm-up)
  4. Bent Over Reverse Flys
  5. Bent Over Rows with Triceps Kickbacks
  6. Hammer Curls with Narrow Shoulder Presses
  7. Overhead Triceps Extensions
  8. Seated Rows
  9. Alternating Side Lunges
  10. Sumo Squats with Pivots
  11. Hip Bridges
  12. Foot Fires
  13. Fitness Trail--Follow the Leader (Med)
  14. Reverse Crunches
  15. Squats with Overhead Triceps Extension
  16. Mountain Biking
  17. Boxing--Combo Station 2
  18. Boxing--Sparring 2
  19. Mountainboarding
  20. Step Aerobics--Dance 1
  21. Step Aerobics--Mixed
  22. Soccer--Goalkeeper
  23. Basketball--Passing
  24. Basketball--Shooting
  25. Arm Across and Pulls (Cool down)
  26. Pretzels  (Cool down)
I did more cool downs than what is listed here, but you get the idea. 



It was an awesome workout with nearly 280 calories burned. I felt the burn, definitely.

I even made sure to add the housework I do, since every little bit adds up (right, moms?). 180 calories for the physical work I do in the house isn't too bad. 



Hopefully this will be the kick start I need!  Thanks for reading!

Marissa
ThePracticalMommy.HubPages.com
MommyKnowsWhatsBest.blogspot.com



2 comments: