HubPages

HubPages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Working Out While Cleaning Up

May 18

Phew. Have you ever made yourself sweat while cleaning? I do it quite often while cleaning every day.
Counts as exercise, doesn't it? Sure does, at least in my book!

Anytime I clean my house, it's with at least moderate effort, from laundry to mopping. According to MyFitnessPal, even twenty minutes of such cleaning burns nearly 70 calories. I'll take it.

When I clean up toys or anything on the floor, I like to do some lunges or squats. If I'm doing laundry, I'll take a few piles of close at a time up and down my steps for an aerobic workout.

A few days ago, I decided to cut my lawn, which is usually my husband's job, but he's been super busy. It took me 2.5 hours to clean up the yard. Those 2.5 hours helped me burn 1300 calories! I think I'll cut the lawn every other day now...

More on this later. Toddler is calling.

Thanks for reading! Hope you have a great weekend!
~Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment