HubPages

HubPages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 5: Two in One


April 16th

Goals: Exercise and Outside Fun

It is beautiful today, but HOT! I had the kids outside to play for a while earlier. My son was trying to play t-ball and my daughter was picking all of the dandelions in the yard while I tried to keep up with both of them. We just couldn't take the heat and humidity after an hour so we went inside.


Tip! 
On hot and humid days, make sure everyone has plenty of water to drink, including you, kids and even pets! You have more chances of dehydration on days like this than other days, especially when you are active outside.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was hard to get motivated to exercise today for two reasons: it's hot and I had a headache from the heat. I pushed through and did it anyway. Here are today's stats:

exercise workout
Short but sweet workout
It was a short one, a custom one again, but I think effective, helping me burn 181.5 calories. I did a few warm-up exercises and then a 10 minute dance/aerobic step routine, followed by a  boxing routine using the Wii balance board. I used the balance board for Moutainboarding, but I didn't like that one much since it didn't pick up on my movement for whatever reason. I ended with a few cool down exercises.

Like I said, it was short, but my heart was pumping! 

Unfortunately, it asked to weigh me again after the workout (why after when I had nearly 32 oz of water in me???). I went up a pound...Sigh. It could be from the party and wedding shower I attended where I didn't really watch how many homemade delicious yummy goodies I put in my mouth...

Lesson learned. I think I'm going to track what I eat again WW style. It helped so much when I lost 30lbs last year. 

Well, here's to tomorrow! Have a great Monday, everyone! 

~Marissa
ThePracticalMommy.HubPages.com
MommyKnowsWhatsBest.Blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment